Public Relations Intern
Cornerstone Agency (www.cornerstoneagency.com) is looking for a motivated, organized and diligent candidate, with a strong interest in public relations within the music and entertainment fields. Ideal candidate has previous public relations internship experience, and is a proactive go-getter who demonstrates an enthusiasm to work in a creative, strategic, and fast-paced environment. The PR intern is responsible for assisting the team in administrative support, and will support within our PR team as needed on projects, events and related activity, further outlined below.
A working knowledge of the mass media landscape, and experience with pitching music, lifestyle and local/national press is a plus.
- Support the team with administrative reports, recaps, and clip books
- Create and maintain living media lists tailored for varying clients and campaigns
- Support with written materials including press releases, media alerts, pitches, and related content
- Provide on-site assistance at various events, concerts, etc.
- Monitor media coverage of client products and initiatives to compile comprehensive reports
College credit is required to be considered for this position. Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) and must have excellent writing skills. Familiarity with Cision and/or Photoshop is a plus. Interest in music is a must.