Cornerstone & The FADER are growing and seek Design Directors to lead design for all creative and mentor our design team.
Design Directors will be responsible for leading the design of systems for campaigns, events, products and services. You will work closely with our CCO, creative directors, and client partners, becoming a trusted design consultant and champion for excellent craft across all media. You will also have a team of hungry, talented young designers who will need mentorship as we continue to grow.
Both Cornerstone and The FADER work closely with the music industry and youth culture brands, so experience working with artists, athletes, and influencers is essential. We have a strict no a**hole policy, as so much of our culture is about collaboration, trust, and relationships. Our team is small but growing, so you may find yourself creating a logo or custom typography for an event one day, and defining the visual center for an entire campaign the next day. In either case we need you to think systematically while also focusing on excellence in craft across everything.
It’s a fun place, with awesome people and great clients. Come make some famous work with us.
- Be ‘hands on’ with all design deliverables
- Partner closely with the Creative Directors and client partners
- Direct all design for projects from concept to production
- Help with shoots and the production of assets
- Think entrepreneurially for assignments ranging from events to campaigns to products
- Champion excellence across the entire team and to your clients
- Clearly present work that’s brave, beautifully crafted, and fun
- Help lead recruitment and mentorship of designers
- Support your team and stick to deadlines
- 6+ years experience in a design or creative agency with projects that range from events, to logos & print, to mobile apps, and everything in between
- Portfolio that demonstrates bold concepts executed with excellent craft
- Must have a background working in music, the arts, fashion, or youth culture in general
- Experience and passion for pushing boundaries in all media that your work will touch: digital, social, content, events, film & video, print, OOH, OLA
- Communication skills are key. Productive, open collaboration is a must here
- Network of top creative talent to freelance and/or recruit, and vendors to engage as needed
- Report to the CCO
Standard benefits apply